Monday, June 16, 2008

"Chinese Dumplings" short film


This is LONG overdue. I finally found the film that I costume-designed for: Chinese Dumplings. I worked with Michelle Hung (writer & director) & Quyen Tran (Cinematographer), and the film won the UCLA Spotlight in 2006 and Best Cinematography! It has since been featured in various venues. I also made the "stunt dumplings" featured on this film, with the help of Reina. Special thanks though must be given to my friend Christina Chao for her labor on helping me sew little laces onto Grace's socks, and the headband for Lucy. Lucy's costumes had to be basically made from scratch--her top I created from a t-shirt and a knit halter I found thrift. Her skirt was thrift women's size 14, and had to be made to fit her. The mom's clothes were mainly vintage, and her slippers were mine. :)

here's a link to the film on youtube.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LzH0ZOc1x8g&feature=related

best to you Michelle on the film--hope it gets made into a feature!

2 comments:

ceci said...

ooooh, what a beautiful short film! it made me cry!!!

judy, the costumes are amazing!

judy Jou said...

Thanks Ceci! It is so encouraging to hear that the film had such an impact. I will def pass on the compliment to the director--I'm sure she will appreciate it as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the costumes too! It was so much fun to work on.