Saturday, February 6, 2010
Becoming a Bag lady...
I had been on a creative hiatus, and recently got inspired to design/make totes for a crafts fair. It's been a lot of fun, and I hope I continue to get inspired to create more!
These do take a lot of time--from conceiving a design, patterning, cutting, to sewing...the process could take hours! Also, I was making each bag different, b/c I felt like it was more fun to design each one as I went, even though they ended up taking longer to create. Well, that is what art is about, isn't it? ;)
Special thanks to my friend A who graciously offered to help me design my logo based on my rough ideas--I love it! I never could have churned it out so quickly. Thanks A! Now I need to figure out a website for my "product". Here's a product page with the specs for the bags. Some fabrics are limited edition so bags cannot be reproduced, but others I still have fabric for. I am also working on more patterns too. Please feel free to let me know which you like and I can custom make one just for you!
In the next few months, I'll be working on a new collection of materials. Please check back!
Latest update 12/21/09: Blue/Gold fabric all out. Sorry! : (
Newest to the collection:
Deep Shoulder Tote in Tropical (SOLD OUT)
1. Reversible rectangular tote ($65 SOLD OUT currently)
2. Reversible tote with applique (SOLD OUT)
3. Petite knick-knack sac $30
in Festive (NEW!):
4. Shoulder tote with magnetic snap $70 (only 1 left!)
5. Soft shopper bag with vintage button (SOLD OUT)
6. Fully lined shoulder tote with vintage button (SOLD OUT)
7. Soft wide tote w/inner pockets (SOLD OUT)
8. Soft petite knick-knack sacs! $15 (SOLD OUT!)
9. Canvas tote w/a twist $60
or in Guacomole:
10. Bouquet tote: sturdy construction and roomy (sold out)
11. Deep soft canvas tote--especially roomy, with inner pockets $60 (JJ DESIGN BESTSELLER!)