Sunday, February 21, 2010

New bag collection starts...NOW!


I was so exhausted from making the yellow coat for the contest (see earlier entry) that I didn't think I had any more in me to make something else...but here it is! I just bought this fabric for an office couch that I inherited from a friend at work. It's pretty stained, so it definitely needed covering. Then I realized I bought 3 yards too many! But never fear...I love this fabric so much, that I thought it would be perfect for a new collection. Here's the bestselling design that I have from last December, made with this bold new pattern and color choice. The orange button is photoshopped in for now b/c I haven't gone to the store yet!

This bag comes with an inner pocket for wallets/keys/cell phone, just like the original Deep Shoulder Tote. It is for sale for $55. I hope to keep making more with the fabric I have left! Thanks for looking. :)

5 comments:

Stanley said...

I'm not at all your target market, but I do like your stuff. Have you ever thought about selling on Etsy?

judy Jou said...

Hi Stanley! thanks! :) I actually have been told numerous times to sell on Etsy, and perhaps I will. I'm doing this purely for fun, and I guess I worry that I won't make them fast enough to sell on etsy! That should be in the near future though...I'll be sure to post it on my blog if I do! Thanks again! Very encouraged by your comment.

Stanley said...

Yeah, I figured I couldn't be the first one to think of that. From what I gather there is a lot of selling of one-off items too so you don't have to become a bag manufacturer (I suppose that might kill the fun, though if you had enough demand then you could bring on an apprentice and then before you know it, one day, BAM! JJ Designs -- available worldwide in stores everywhere! =) ). It just seems a shame that you don't have a bigger audience for your work. Enough blather from me, good luck whatever you decide to do!

iixchrixtinaxii said...

How do you order your totes!!!!? Do you have any left??? D:

judy Jou said...

@Stanley: You're so right! Thanks for all your encouragement. :) I have enjoyed making all the bags by myself, but I guess I wouldn't mind if I can find someone I trust to sew some things for me. Thank you again--you are so kind!

@iixchristinaxii: Please contact me at judyjou@gmail.com if you'd like to order one! I've only made one so far but will be making more. And the one pictured is available. =) thanks for looking!