Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mustard yellow coat...


Before getting back into bag-designing/making, I decided to take a little creative detour and make a coat to enter into a coat design competition at a local fabric store. I put in about 40 hours in 2 weeks, on top of normal work hours, and so far spent close to $180 for the materials, but it's been amazing. I am *almost* done with the coat, and I can't wait to find out if I can win something...the grand prize is a Bernina Activa 200 (I think it's called). Anyway, still some more work to do, but wanted to post a few pics here. Perhaps a tutorial to come...if I can find the time!




I'm very very happy with how the back pleats came out with this boiled wool--the material lends itself to the design. The only problem is with the front, where there's facing and it's been stiffened with interfacing...anyway, working out the kinks tonight on that part.

The bad news is, my coat did not win! But here are the pics of the winners...if only I had known what style they were going for! oh well...

5 comments:

Ajou said...

Mei, I'm really proud of you! You have such talent! Good luck on the contest!

judy Jou said...

aww...thanks jei. That means a lot to me. :) I'll let you know!

Pualla said...

It's amazing! Great color, nice cut, stylish accessorize. I would love to have one like this.

Glenn Kim said...

Wow, love the clean lines. It's really beautiful. I could see it displayed in Sak's 5th Ave. or something!!

oldcat said...

這是兩個專門批評流行服飾
的網站. 設計師必須時常注意
外面世界的流行方向.

僅作參考
http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/index.html

http://mbpo.blogspot.com/

你的作品很好.繼續加油